South Burnett Community Leadership Program
Torkit Business Solutions is proud to be involved in providing administrative assistance to the South Burnett Community Leadership Program committee in helping with preparations for next years Community Leadership Program.
Tina Torrens, Torkit Business Solutions Manager and Business Consultant, had the opportunity to be one of the 15 graduates in the 2014 program. "It was a life altering experience" Tina said, and you can check out photos from the event by clicking here. "There were 21 participants who attended the 2015 program" - click here for photos.
- 4pm Sunday 14th to 5pm Tuesday 16th February 2016
- 4pm Sunday 14th to 5pm Tuesday 16th March 2016
Who can apply?
We are looking for a diverse range of people to attend this program – people of all ages, educational background and experience are encouraged to apply. In particular, we seek people who:
- Are dedicated to improving themselves ,their business, industry or community
- Are willing to collaborate with others to improve the resilience of the South Burnett region
About the Program
Learning happens through activities, games, videos and focused conversations. The program is designed to be fun, active, challenging and practical. There is very little reading involved, and the course will not require extensive advance preparations. Content areas include:
- Managing change
- The new view of leadership
- Understanding yourself and other people
- Succeeding through working together
- Growing communities – that means businesses too
- Learning from experience
The program will be held in the beautiful Bunya Mountains, to provide an environment of peaceful seclusion, comfort, beauty and focused learning.
Outcomes for participants
Regardless of your previous leadership experience, you can expect to achieve:
- Personal growth in effectiveness
- Greater confidence and skills in leading yourself and others to success
- Increased knowledge of opportunities in your region
- Strong working relationships across sectors with colleagues who share theories and processes for successful collaboration
- Membership in an alumni network, designed to provide support for your ongoing leadership development journey – over the long term
Pamela McAllister, of McAllister Leadership, is a past presenter of the renowned Building Rural Leaders Program and has extensive experience designing and delivering community leadership development program.